Many women are embarrassed by the sight of cellulite on their legs and buttocks even though it is estimated 9 out of 10 women experience some form of cellulite. Many patients wonder how to get rid of cellulite before swimsuit season and the hot summer months. Once patients understand what cellulite is, it is easier to develop a cellulite reduction plan. The physicians at Tyler Wellcare, located in Tyler, Texas, are available to share information on what causes cellulite and how to get rid of cellulite with simple cellulite reduction products and systems.
What Causes Cellulite?
Cellulite is associated with the loss of skin elasticity and decreased blood flow. Women are more prone than men to experience cellulite because of several reasons, including:
- Women naturally hold more fat than men in stubborn areas commonly affected by cellulite.
- Women experience hormonal changes that weaken the fibrous tissues surrounding the body’s fat cells, causing a negative change in the skin’s support system between the ages of 25-35.
- Women’s fat cells are arranged in vertical columns that lead to an enhanced risk of bulging.
- Women have thinner skin than men that causes the appearance of cellulite more easily.
Cellulite reduction products and systems are readily available to women and fairly simple to implement.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite with Simple Cellulite Reduction Products and Systems
Many women know there is no true cure for cellulite. There are only cellulite reduction products and systems designed to reduce the appearance of cellulite, including:
- Weight loss: Losing weight and reducing body fat can lessen the look of cellulite in certain women.
- Exercise and strength training: Exercise and strength training can help build muscle and eliminate fat from the body, leading to a decreased appearance of cellulite.
- Skin brushing: This mini massage technique stimulates skin cell rejuvenation and improves the body’s way of eliminating toxins.
- Massage: Various massage techniques can improve circulation.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Increasing Omega-3 fatty acids stimulate collagen production in the body and helps repair skin’s elasticity.
- The physician’s office: A number of medical professionals, such as Tyler Wellcare, offer cellulite reduction systems. Tyler Wellcare is proud to offer the VelaShape body contouring and cellulite reduction system. VelaShape is the only FDA cleared device designed to firm and contour problem areas in as little as four treatments.
For more resources on how to get rid of cellulite, or to learn more about the VelaShape cellulite reduction system, please contact the Tyler, Texas physicians at Tyler Wellcare.