September is Healthy Aging Month, which means now is the ideal time to get started on better health practices. As the body naturally ages, patients may experience troublesome symptoms and unwanted body changes. To help eliminate some of these changes, patients are encouraged to follow simple healthy aging tips, as well as utilize advances in the medical field, such as bioidentical hormones. Tyler Wellcare is proud to offer bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) to patients living in the greater Tyler, Texas area so they can remain vibrant and youthful.
September is Healthy Aging Month
Healthy Aging Month is celebrated each year to gain national attention on the positive aspects of getting older. The month is dedicated to bringing practical and inspirational ideas to adults over the age of 45 years so they can continue to improve their mental and physical well-being.
Healthy Aging Tips
Are you concerned about aging and the unwanted body changes that occur? Don’t be! Follow these simple, everyday healthy aging tips to feel youthful and energized.
- Exercise regularly to prevent or provide relief of common ailments, such as depression, diabetes and arthritis.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet full of nutrient-dense foods.
- Average 7-9 hours of sleep each night to help avoid health complications.
- Reduce long-term stress that can lead to anxiety, depression and other illnesses.
- Get engaged with your doctors when it comes to your healthcare.
- Continue to maintain your brain by learning a new activity or reading a book.
- Grow relationships with family, friends, neighbors and the local community.
Bioidentical Hormones can Assist with Aging
Bioidentical hormones are derived from natural plant sources that mimic the body’s natural hormones, allowing patients to achieve hormone levels that were present when the body was around 30 years of age. Starting at age 30, the body gradually beings to lose 1-3% of its hormones. The loss of hormones causes patients to experience a variety of troublesome health conditions and body changes, such as mood swings, hot flashes, weight gain, low energy, loss of sleep and decreased libido.
BHRT utilizes bioidentical hormones to return men and women’s hormones to optimal levels so the body is able to function at its peak level. Since the bioidentical hormones are plant derived, BHRT is more safe and effective than synthetic hormones.
For more resources on healthy aging tips, or to discuss the many benefits of bioidentical hormones, please contact the Tyler Wellcare team, proudly serving the greater Tyler, Texas area.