Cellulite is reported to affect almost 90% of women at some point during their lives. Cellulite occurs when underlying areas of fat are pushed against connective tissue in the skin, most commonly found in the thighs and buttocks areas. These areas of fat give an appearance of dimpled, lumpy skin, causing many women to lose self-confidence and no longer wear the clothes they desire. Since there is no true cure for cellulite, women turn to various cellulite treatments to aid in the reduction of a lumpy skin tone. Tyler Wellcare is proud to offer the VelaShape™ body contouring and cellulite reduction system to patients in the greater Tyler, Texas communities.
Grades of Cellulite
Cellulite is a troublesome condition that affects millions of women and can be difficult to improve by diet and exercise alone. When areas of underlying fat develop, typically in the thigh and buttocks area, a dimpled, lumpy appearance becomes visible.
Cellulite is classified into three grades:
- Grade 1: Cellulite is not visibly seen but a microscope can detect anatomical changes in the skin
- Grade 2: Cellulite is not visibly seen but the skin experiences decreased elasticity, lower temperature and pastiness
- Grade 3: Cellulite is visibly seen with all grade 2 signs
VelaShape™ as a Cellulite Treatment
VelaShape is an effective cellulite treatment that safely provides body contouring and cellulite reduction with no downtime. VelaShape provides numerous benefits, including:
- First and only FDA-cleared device for circumferential reduction and cellulite reduction
- Non-surgical and non-invasive cellulite removal system with no downtime
- Precise heating on the targeted body area delivers a safe and effective body contouring treatment
- Effective on all skin types and skin colors
This cellulite treatment combines infrared, bi-polar radio frequency energy and vacuum technology for safe and effective cellulite reduction and skin smoothing. This combination leads to deep heating of the body’s fat cells, the surrounding connective tissue and the underlying dermal collagen fibers. The energy and vacuum allows for growth of new and better collagen and elastin, which leads to reduction in skin laxity, increased body volume and improved skin structure and texture.
For additional resources on cellulite treatments, such as VelaShape™, please contact the Tyler, Texas office of Tyler Wellcare.